Do you enjoy cooking? Meditec has partnered with Escoffier to offer online culinary and pastry arts programs online (coming soon). Quick Tomato Recipe: Sweet Slow-Roasted Tomatoes Getting ready to try one of the easy tomato recipes for your healthy day? Well, start trying this roasted tomatoes that can be prepared easily. This may not look great as you expected it, but it sure do consists of healthy lycopene and are good for your hearts’ health! Courtesy from NYTimes.com, below are the quick steps to make this outstanding tomato recipe: Ingredients:
- 1 pound small plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- Coarse salt to taste
- A tiny amount of sugar
- 1 tablespoon and an extra virgin olive oil
- 1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Put the halved tomatoes in a bowl and toss with the olive oil. Oil a rack that will fit on top of a baking sheet. Place foil on the baking sheet and oil the foil, and place the rack on top. Place the tomatoes, cut side up, on the rack. Sprinkle with coarse salt and a tiny amount of sugar. Place in the oven and roast for 2 hours. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool for about 30 minutes. The tomatoes will look a little dry on the surfaces and the skin will be tough. But when you bite into the tomatoes you’ll experience a rush of incredibly sweet juice and pulp. If you want to use these for a sauce, put through the fine blade of a food mill.
- 2. Yield: Serves 4 as a snack, side dish or sauce.
- 3. Advance preparation: I keep these out at room temperature for a day, and refrigerate them for up to 3 days. The sauce freezes well.
- 4. Nutritional information per serving: 50 calories; 4 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 milligrams cholesterol; 4 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 6 milligrams sodium (does not include salt to taste); 1 gram protein.
Now you can enjoy your tomatoes in a fashionable and creative way! Enjoy tomato-eating!