There are many distinct advantages for military wives and families. One of the most exciting things is having the ability to travel all over the world, discover new places and exotic culture and enjoy new experiences. These travel benefits are not restricted to foreign travel since the benefits also include fascinating places within the United States. You might not be able to visit many of these places if it weren’t for the military.
When speaking with military wives, many of them express a sense of pride, adventure and independence. It is one thing to read about different cultures in a book, but the actual experience is very meaningful. The other thing we hear is how these women want to share these experiences with their children as they grow up.
Military families can also take advantage of discounts to theme parks for fun-filled family adventures.
The Army Community Service offers a wide array of discounted and free programs for military families that more than meet military spouse expectations. This is especially helpful if you’re interested in developing your career skills.
There are many local jobs available as well as telecommuting positions where you work from home. These jobs include online tutoring, graphic design, content writing, editing, customer service positions, accounting, billing services, and writing for military spouse blogs, among many others.
The benefits of telecommuting careers include the fact that you can still work and stay home with small children. There is no downtime. These jobs are also very portable because all that’s needed are your skills, professionalism and work ethic along with a computer and internet access.
Army Community Service provides:
- Up-to-date research information about available local, national and international employment opportunities, job market trends, along with volunteer and education resources
- Classes and seminars that provide career guidance, resume writing interviewing techniques, appropriate business clothing, plus skills and resources needed to start your own business.
- Resume development and critiques
- Career counseling and individual career opportunities.
- Career hiring events and recruitment.
- Employment information for teens and youth
- Computers with internet access, resume writing software, and typing tutorials
- All of the educational resources are available to military wives and their husbands
Additionally, you will find the following resources:
- Financial counseling services
- Financial readiness education and training
- Counseling and prescreening for the Family Subsistence Supplemental Assistance (FSSA) Program
- Debt liquidation assistance
Healthcare is a major challenge these days for millions of Americans struggling to provide adequate coverage for their loved ones. In some circumstances, a four-day stay in the hospital that involves several sophisticated procedures can easily run $20,000.00 plus. Even with insurance coverage, the co-pays can run close to $300.00 per day for one to five days depending on the insurance plan.
When it comes to military spouse benefits, healthcare coverage is not something army wives have to be concerned with because the dedicated care and coverage is there for the entire family. That coverage translates into peace of mind.
Another advantage is the guaranteed pension plan for people who serve in the military. This is a tremendous benefit when they return to civilian life that provides a revenue stream to supplement the family income, or perhaps serve as the needed capital to start a small family business.