Position Title: Pharmacy Technician
Work as part of the Pharmacy Team to ensure that each customer has a positive shopping experience at CVS and to ensure customer satisfaction by serving each customer according to CVS company values.
- Greet each customer in a courteous and professional manner and answer telephone with appropriate greeting.
- Assist all pharmacy and front store customers with their questions and concerns.
- Request additional help when needed to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Maintain customer/patient confidentiality according to HIPAA and company standards.
- Comply with all federal and state laws, rules and regulations as well as CVS policy and procedures at all times.
- Adhere to CVS workflow and ensure quality assurance standards are maintained at all times.
- Maintain prescription prioritization throughout prescription processing including translation of SIG codes, product selection, counting and measuring drugs, capping and uncapping vials and bottles.
- Resolve Third Party rejections and complete any manual claim forms.
- Perform all register transactions in adherence of CVS policy and procedures.
- Perform all prescription pick-up procedures in adherence of CVS policy and procedures.
- Retrieve and file prescriptions appropriately according to State and Federal Law.
- Participate in all required store operational meetings.
- Maintain a clean, organized and professional pharmacy department.
- Access, input and retrieve information to/from the computer.
- Complete all required training programs.
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Maintain in-stock by ensuring all inventory management policies and procedures are followed.
- Utilize appropriate report(s) to maintain replenishment.
- Pull outdated, damaged and recalled merchandise and prepare for return
Hours: Arrange with site supervisor. Total externship hours = 120 hours.
- Satisfactory background checks and drugs screening results.
- Background check and drugs screening processing fee of $80.
- Enrollment and/or completion of Pharmacy Technician program.
- Meet state licensing/registration requirements for pharmacy technicians. State by state requirements available HERE.
Compensation: Unpaid externship
Locations: Nationwide except FL, MN, UT, WA, and WY.
How to Apply:
- Visit CVS store locator page and choose 3 desired externship sites:
- Complete the online CVS Externship Application form.
- After initial review of the externship application and supporting documents, eligible students will be invited to complete CVS application package and receive additional application instructions.
- After all application paperwork is completed, students will be asked to undergo background check and drug screening. (fee required)
- After acceptance of screening results, students will be approved to undergo required CVS orientation and training.
- Once an externship location is determined, student will schedule a brief interview with supervising pharmacist in charge.
- Upon acceptance by the pharmacist in charge, a mutually agreeable work schedule will be worked out with the store.
For More Information Contact: