The Jumpstart Internship Program – Our Exclusive Internship Program
Breaking into a new industry can be quite a challenge for new graduates. A Medical Transcription certificate helps pave the way but in today’s society, practical experience is required. We are proud to offer the Jumpstart Internship Program to help our graduates gain that experience.
Through our Jumpstart Internship Program, aspiring medical transcriptionists gain hands on experience in their desired positions in the medicine, science and public health administration fields. Hundreds of our graduates can attest to the success of this program.
The internship duration spans 90 days on average, but can extend up to six months based on the student’s progress and performance. Be one of our next interns and learn from your very own mentor! Start your career on the right foot with our exclusive internship program.
What it takes to qualify for the internship:
- Complete our medical transcription program with a 90% or higher grade on your 2-part final exam (online and transcription). This automatically qualifies you for our internship program, free of charge.
- Prior to placement, make sure you meet the equipment requirements:
- A Windows OS-based personal computer with 1 GB of RAM memory, at least 5 GB of available storage and a processor running at 1 GHz or more. (Use of Apple/Mac computers is strongly discouraged. Bytescribe, the software used to operate the foot pedal, is incompatible with Apple/Mac computers.)
- Windows XP or Vista with SP2 operating system.
- A 17-inch monitor, with graphics set at 1024 x 768 pixels.
- The computer has to have a USB port for the foot pedal to be attached.
- Soundblaster soundcard
- PC speakers and headphones
- Background on using and navigating Microsoft Windows and MS Word applications.
- PC should have MS Word 2003 or 2007 installed on it.
- Bytescribe Wavplayer (Support for installing this software is provided by its manufacturer, Bytescribe Corp.)
- Stedman’s Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker
Please be aware that internship slots are limited and may not be immediately available upon request. Also, internship placements do not guarantee employment or job placement.
Call 866-991-3921 for more information on the Jumpstart Internship Program for MTs. Visit the Jumpstart testimonials page as well to hear more about what our partners have to say about the quality MTs we’ve helped educate.