Why Medical Office Assistant?
Working in a medical office can be both challenging and fun. The great thing about being a medical office assistant is that healthcare jobs have grown throughout the recession and are poised to grow further as the recent health insurance law kicks in! In other words, the field offers job stability. Medical office assistants work the front end of the medical office. The greet clients, check Ids, verify insurance, set up referrals, and sometimes assist with billing. This is NOT a training program to be a clinical assistant or nurse aide – it is for administrative support. According to the Occupational Outlook handbook, this field is expected to grow by 11% through the year 2018. Medical office assistants make between $28,000-$35,000. Click here to request our free eBook for those considering a career in Medical Office support.
Why Choose Meditec?
Meditec offers a premier medical office assistant program that trains you in medical terminology, medical billing, and office assistant procedures. We also train you comprehensively in health insurance so that you’re ready to take a front office job on day one after graduating.
Meditec is state regulated, has been in business over 40 years, and has an impressive BBB rating. What does this mean to you the student? It means that you are attending a school that is regulated, has stood the test of time, has name recognition within the industry, and has the stability, and proven track record to train you for a new career.
Students can benefit from significant discounts for payment in full upon enrollment. For those who need more help we have ZERO INTEREST payment plan options for up to 12 months with no credit checks! We also accept federal and state grant funding in certain states. Scroll down this page for more information
Your enrollment includes EVERYTHING you need:
- Complete, interactive, and fun online training with full access for a year!
- Medical Terminology
- Billing theory and practicum
- Qualified, friendly instructor assigned to you
- Immediate feedback on all quizzes and coding exercises in the course. No waiting for grades.
- Virtual Classes: Weekly ‘office hours’ with our instructors – available via our online classroom to respond to your content and career questions in real time. The office hours are interactive sessions encouraging topic-focused discussions and will help you tremendously in learning everything you need to know.
- Access to Meditec’s student forum for networking and discussion!
- Workplace Success – your comprehensive guide to succeeding in the workplace. Invaluable to those who are new to the job market or have been out of the market for many years.