Why Medical Billing and Coding?
Medical coders take the transcribed medical record, find the diagnoses, procedures, and supplies used during the visit, and apply alphanumeric codes using specific coding manuals. Some medical coding and billing professionals work at home! Medical coders and billers are in high demand. According to the Government’s Occupational Outlook Handbook, this career choice is expected to grow by 20% through 2018! This means that medical coding and billing is a stable career choice. Medical records technicians make between $40,000 to $50,000 a year with some making much more than this! However, this career field does require specialized training – and that’s where we come in.
Click here to request our free eBook for those considering a career in Medical Billing and Coding.
Why Choose Meditec?
Meditec offers comprehensive medical coding and billing training. Your training starts off with medical terminology, then medical coding, medical billing, and health insurance. We include everything you need to train including the ICD 9 and CPT coding manuals (you don’t have to go buy these on your own like some courses make you do). Our program also offers extensive practice, with over 600 charts to code, including both inpatient and outpatient. Don’t be fooled by programs that offer ICD-10 training, this standard won’t be in place until at least 2013 – ICD 9 is what you need to know to work today!
Meditec is state regulated, has been in business over 40 years, and has an impressive BBB rating. What does this mean to you the student? It means that you are attending a school that is regulated, has stood the test of time, has name recognition within the industry, and has the stability, and proven track record to train you for a new career.
Students can benefit from significant discounts for payment in full upon enrollment. For those who need more help we have federal and state grant funding in certain states. Scroll down this page for more information
What about certification exams?
Certification is certainly something to consider, especially if you have an eye on a job opening where the employer requires it. Students who successfully pass our program will be fully prepared to sit and pass the exams for either the CCA credential from AHIMA or the CCA credential from Med-certification.
Your enrollment includes EVERYTHING you need:
You start with medical terminology, then study coding theory, but the way you learn to code is by actually coding, so we exclusively provide over 600 actual medical record charts for you to practice on, with the complete rationale provided immediately after you code a chart so you learn as you go. You complete your training with Billing – rounding out your cross-training experience!
- Complete, interactive, and fun online training with full access for a year!
- Medical Terminology
- Coding theory and practicum
- Billing theory and practicum
- All industry standard codebooks you need (ICD and CPT) – other programs do not provide them, you have to buy your own.
- Yes, we know all about ICD-10 coding, but it is not required until 2013 and is easily learned once you master ICD-9 which is in the course.
- Qualified, friendly instructor assigned to you
- Immediate feedback on all quizzes and coding exercises in the course. No waiting for grades.
- Virtual Classes: Weekly ‘office hours’ with our instructors – available via our online classroom to respond to your content and career questions in real time. The office hours are interactive sessions encouraging topic-focused discussions and will help you tremendously in learning everything you need to know.
- Access to Meditec’s student forum for networking and discussion!
- Job Search & Resume Writing – intensive course on how to present yourself to increase your chances of landing a job
- Workplace Success – your comprehensive guide to succeeding in the workplace. Invaluable to those who are new to the job market or have been out of the market for many years.
- Home Biz Book- The ultimate how to – start your own home business, prepare and evaluate employment contracts, learn to network.