Why Get A Medical Administrative Assistant Training?
Taking the Medical Administrative Assistant Training will let you effectively improve your skills in office administration, business communication, and customer service, while also helping you prepare for the National Healthcare Association’s CMAA (Certified Medical Administrative Assistant) exam.
The training program is perfect for applicants who are looking to land administrative and clerical positions in the healthcare industry, since it features a well-rounded introduction to medical administration as well as the skills necessary to have long and successful career in this field.
With the demand for medical assistants projected to rise in the coming years, taking the training now will put many students in a position to advance their careers later or explore other opportunities in the healthcare industry as they gain more experience.
How to Become Medical Administrative Assistant?
Employers who are looking to hire a Medical Administrative Assistant are more inclined to sign an applicant who has a competitive background, such as someone with related or relevant experience in the healthcare industry or one who has earned his certification and gone through an accredited training program.
A postsecondary certificate or an associate’s degree is sometimes considered as a standard requirement for job applicants. However, while there are employers who do prefer a degree, you can also become an administrative medical assistant with just a high school diploma, then earn your Medical Administrative Assistant certification through a nationally accredited training provider, on-site or even online.
With internet-based training now available to virtually everyone, the completion of a medical administrative assistant certification is quietly becoming the most popular way of earning credentials, as well as a method to prepare for the National Healthcare Association (NHA) nationally-recognized qualifying exam.
Set Yourself Apart
With the competitive job market, you want to have an edge over the competition. Through Meditec’s partnership with National Healthcareer Association (NHA), you can prepare for nationally recognized certifications. Passing a NHA exam, gives you several possible advantages:
- More career opportunities
- Increased pay rate
- Being a subject matter expert
- Post-nominal letters (initials after your name)
To learn more about this course, click on the program details tab above.
Medical administrative assistant involves managing the daily operations of a medical/healthcare facility. This course introduces you to the overall business operations of a medical office. You will learn the specifics of the role of a medical office manager. These include personnel management, vendor management, front office management, as well as billing and payment management. You will also learn about medical records and the importance of the computerization of a medical office. This course is valuable for all those preparing for a career as a medical office manager. Through scenarios and interactivities, this course provides you with ample opportunity to apply and practice the concepts learned, and prepares you for your role as a professional in the health insurance industry.
Program Course Details:
Medical Administrative Assistant
- Lesson 1: Today’s Healthcare Environment
- Lesson 2: Communications in a Medical Office
- Lesson 3: Legal and Ethical Issues in Managing a Medical Office
- Lesson 4: Personnel Management
- Lesson 5: Managing the Front Office
- Lesson 6: Appointment Scheduling
- Lesson 7: Medical Records Management
- Lesson 8: Regulatory Compliance in a Healthcare Setting
- Lesson 9: Duties of a Medical Office Manager
- Lesson 10: Use of Computers in a Medical Office
- Lesson 11: Office Policies and Procedures
- Lesson 12: Accounting and Payroll in a Medical Office
- Lesson 13: Billing and Collecting
- Lesson 14: Health Insurance
- Lesson 15: Procedural and Diagnostic Coding
- Lesson 16: Quality Improvement and Risk Management
Program Classroom Link:
Program Shippable Materials:
Medical Administrative Assistant
*Note: The standard shipping process usually requires 10-14 business days within the US. Weekends or holidays do not count. International/APO/ FPO/ PO Box address may experience delays. Please be aware that your materials will not be shipped until your start date.
Program System Requirements:
- Windows XP SP2 or newer
- Video card
- Sound card
- 512 MB RAM or greater of memory
- Microsoft Office 97 (or newer) or comparable office suite, such as OpenOffice (free download available) or LibreOffice (free download available)
- The latest Adobe Flash Player (free download available)
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader (free download available)
- The latest Windows Media Player (free download available)
- The latest Quick Time Player (free download available)
- The latest Real Player (free download available)
- The latest Shockwave Player (free download available)
- The latest Java (free download available)
- The most recent version of browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer.
- Cookies must be enabled
- Pop-ups must be enabled/allowed
- Headphones or Speakers
A medical administrative assistant career is a good fit for those interested in managing others, being the boss, working in an office, helping others, variety, and challenges. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 303,000 medical and health services managers in 2010. Medical office managers are employed in organizations, such as
- Nursing homes
- Group medical practices
Medical businesses need employees to handle the daily business activities. They value employees with varied skills, including billing and coding knowledge, financial management, policy and procedure development, and employee management. As the large baby-boom population ages and people remain active longer, it is no surprise that this career has very strong growth potential in the coming years.
Please fill out the form below and our Academic Advisors will reach out to you shortly with more information on this program.
This is a self-paced program supported by an experienced mentor. Our mentors are subject experts with several years of experience in their respective fields and have the necessary educational training and credentials required to work as an expert. In case of any queries or questions regarding course content, course material, certifications, industry questions or on the progress of the student’s training and advancement, you can contact us on the information mentioned below.
Meditec Student Support: 866-451-3854
CTP Student Support: [email protected]