Why Legal Transcription?
Legal transcriptionists transcribe legal dictation creating legal documents for attorneys and other entities. A legal transcriptionist must have a good command of legal terminology and how different documents are formatted. It is well suited to working from home since the files can easily be moved electronically. Legal transcriptionists are commonly paid by the page, which is a production based job. The going rate for a page is approximately $2-$3 per page which translates to about $15 to $20 an hour
Why Choose Meditec?
Meditec’s Legal Transcription program gives you an overview of each area of law. It’s important that you understand the terminology that you’ll be transcribing. Then we discuss English grammar, and document formatting. Then, we get you right into transcribing audio files! The course doesn’t too long to complete- about 3-6 months, depending how much you work on it. We give you everything you need to get started including a WAV pedal and software, and a small list of references that you should have on hand while going through the course.
Meditec is state regulated, has been in business over 40 years, and has an impressive BBB rating. What does this mean to you the student? It means that you are attending a school that is regulated, has stood the test of time, has name recognition within the industry, and has the stability, and proven track record to train you for a new career.
Students can benefit from significant discounts for payment in full upon enrollment. For those who need more help we have ZERO INTEREST payment plan options for up to 12 months with no credit checks! We also accept federal and state grant funding in certain states. Scroll down this page for more information
What about certification exams?
Our legal transcription does not include the certification exam.
Your enrollment includes EVERYTHING you need:
- Online Access to Course for 1 Year
- Legal Dictation CD-ROM w/Keys so you can check your work!
- Basic USB WavPlayer Footpedal w/Software
- Knowledgeable, friendly instructor assigned to you
- Access to online interactive student forum for networking and chatting with other students.
- Electronically graded quizzes so you can get feedback FAST! You don’t have to wait for grades like some others school.
- Virtual Classes: Weekly ‘office hours’ with our instructors – available via our online classroom to respond to your content and career questions in real time. The office hours are interactive sessions encouraging topic-focused discussions and will help you tremendously in learning everything you need to know.
- Many interesting links for reference that you can use when you start working!
- Job Search & Resume Writing – intensive course on how to present yourself to increase your chances of landing a job
- Workplace Success – your comprehensive guide to succeeding in the workplace. Invaluable to those who are new to the job market or have been out of the market for many years.
FOR FINANCIAL AID AND PAYMENT PLAN OPTIONS Call our toll-free number 877.335.4072 or send us an email using our contact form, (we do not share your information) and one of our enrollment coordinators will be happy to help you explore funding options or customize a payment program that will fit your budget. Click here for additional information.