What will you do as a Medical Office Manager?
Basically as a medical office manager you will be managing medical office staff. You'll be overseeing the billing and coding employees and making sure the office complies with rules and regulations. You will acquire all of this skills and other necessary knowledge as you learn medical business office management.
- Skills You Will Need
- Knowledge of Billing & Coding Functions
- Ability to Multi-Task
- High-Quality Customer Service
- Attention to Detail
- Leadership Skills
- What will you do?
- Manage Medical Office Staff
- Oversee Billing & Coding Employees
- Oversee Office Workflow
- Maintain Office Compliance
- Handle Patient Complaints
- Continuing Education
- Where Will You Work
- Private Clinics
- Insurance Companies
- Medical Billing Advocate or Auditor
Why should you know medical billing and coding as the Medical Office Manager?
This question is asked by probably every student that's ever enrolled in our program. The reason you should know medical billing and coding is you are going to manage medical billers and coders. Whenever you're managing a group of people it is you'll get more respect, and it's always good to know what their jobs functions are, at least a cursory knowledge of it. If you as manager don't know medical billing or coding how will you know if your medical billers or coders are doing something wrong, inaccurate, or fraudulent.
What is the Future of Medical Office Management?
- Need for Qualified Medical Office Managers & Increase in Healthcare Access
With medical office management, all health care fields right now are growing. And this is due to the increase in health care access due to recent legislation by our government requiring people to have health insurance. Also, baby boomers like myself are getting older and our accessing healthcare facilities more and more, needing medical care. So the more people accessing the system means the more qualified healthcare people overall we need, whether it be administrative or hands on clinical.
- Projected Growth Rate: 23%
In medical office management there's a twenty three percent projected increase in jobs over the next decade. That statistic comes from our government, and I feel the statistic personally is low. I think the growth will be much higher than 23%, even though 23% is rocking good, Okay! I feel that it's going to be more in the 30 to 35% because there is a huge need for qualified medical office managers.
- Average Salary: $35,000 - $88,000
Salaries range between 35 thousand and 88 thousand, having said that I want to make it very clear because of the differences between 360training Meditec is that we tell you the truth, okay. You're not going to graduate from our program and make 88 thousand dollars a year. You're not going to graduate from any program and make 88 thousand dollars a year. That's the highest end of the scale after many years of experience and if you're landing a really good luscious job. There are people doing, yes. But, that's not going to happen right off the bat. As a medical office manager just graduating from our program if you already have medical coding and billing experience you may be able to land a pretty sweet job in the 35 thousand dollar range.
- Work-from-Home Possibility
- Foundation for Advancement or Specialization
- Various Job Opportunities
Important Medical Office Management Certifications
- CMAA National Certification - Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
- CBCS National Certification - Certified Coding & Billing Specialist
- AAPC MB Credential
- AAPC CPC-A Credential
What Meditec Offers
- Medical Office Management
- Includes Medical Terminology
- Medical Office Management (CMAA) with Medical Transcription
- Medical Office Management (CMAA) with Billing & Coding (CBCS)
- Important Details
- 6 month programs
- Includes Certification Exam Preparation
- Externship available with Medical Transcription
- Student Support Services
- Real-Life Qualified Instructor – Dawn Moreno
- In-House Technical Support
- Online Study Group Access
- Career Services
- Internship Opportunities
- Only available with Medical Transcription Adjunct Program
- Gain experience at participating services all over the country
- 20 hours per week for 2-4 months
- CAN work overseas