How to Apply for the MyCAA Scholarship for Military Spouses
Are you a military spouse who wants to find a stable and rewarding career? Do you want to help your family be more financially secure, but aren’t sure where to start? Are you thinking it would really help if you could go back to school, but have no idea how you are going to pay for it? Well don’t worry because the MyCAA Scholarship Program for Military Spouses is just for you!
What is MyCAA?
MyCAA stands for My Career Advancement Account and is a workforce development program that provides up to $4000 of tuition assistance for eligible military spouses.
But, what does workforce development mean?
Well that means the scholarship focuses on getting you employed. It can be used towards licenses, certificates, certifications, or associate’s degrees necessary in high demand, high growth, and portable career fields. It does not cover bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD programs.
To be eligible, you must be • a spouse of a service member in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2 • Be able to start and complete your coursework while your spouse is on Title 10 orders • Have a high school diploma or GED You are not eligible if: • Your spouse is not in these pay grades • If you yourself are a member of the armed forces • If you are legally separated from your spouse Note: Also note that this grant IS available to spouses married to active-duty members of the National Guard or Reserves on Title 10 orders but is not available to spouses of members of the coast guard.
How do I apply?
- Find your best fit program through a 1:1 education consultation with our Admissions Advisors
- Create an account on the MyCAA Website
- Upload your personalized Meditec training plan from your admissions advisor with your name, start, and end date.
- Speak with a MyCAA counselor to have your Training Plan approved
- Once your training plan is approved, you then apply for financial assistance or an FA
- Within 15 days, depending on the processing time of your FA, you will be good to go! Ready to continue your education and start your career
In trouble? Let us help!
Now this process may seem simple, but sometimes things come up that you just can’t predict. That is why it is so important to have someone on your side, who can hold your hand through the entire process like one of our amazing admissions advisors. They go through this process day-to-day, so if something goes wrong, they know exactly what needs to be done to get it fixed. So if you are ready to get your education and career on the right track, give us a call at 888-360-8764 and visit us at Meditec.com