10 Ways to Use your Military Spouse Education Benefits
Interested in going back to school? Want to change careers or start an exciting new one? Well, if your spouse is active duty military, you might be eligible for an educational grant up to $4,000! Here are some ways you can use this money to improve your life!
- Get an education. Did school get put on the back burner due to family, kids, work, or deployments? If your spouse is in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2 - and you can start and finish a program while he or she is within the eligibility requirements, you can get your school paid for!
- Get a license or certification. Have you ever wanted to have a credential you could take with you anywhere? The MyCAA career program will pay for you to take training to achieve a license, certificate, or certification in one of many high-demand, high-growth career fields. These credentials are “portable” which means no matter where your next post is, it’s likely you’ll have no trouble finding a good job.
- Get a new career. Are you working, but bored in your current profession? Sometimes we grow out of the fields of work we’ve chosen - or the field that we can find work in at the time. As a MilSpouse, you’re probably familiar with picking up and relocating, long deployments, and basically holding down the fort acting as a single parent sometimes. A new career could be just what you need to find opportunities to change your life.
- Make more money. Again, are you working, but just not making enough money? Adding an associate’s degree or licensure and certification as a skilled professional to your resume can increase your earning power drastically. For example, getting a Medical Coding certification can immediately increase your salary by $10,000!
- Go Online at Your Own Pace. There are lots of options for school, but when you have spousal obligations, work, and kids, pets, and the home to take care of - or if you’re posted overseas or at a duty station that’s still unfamiliar to you, travelling to a classroom can be the last thing you want. / is a MyCAA approved school, and offers approved programs available as self-paced online courses.
- Make your Family Proud. As spouses and parents, we want to do everything we can to make their lives wonderful. If you’re confident in your profession, fulfilling your personal and professional goals - and making money at the same time; you bet you’ll be making them very proud.
- Make yourself Happy. We’re all different when it comes to what makes us happy. But one universal goal is to succeed. Especially in a military family - you know what it means to honor and respect a way of life that’s all about hard work, dedication, and commitment. Give yourself that respect, and put in the work that’s going to fulfill your happiness.
- Improve your Quality of Life. We all know it’s true - when you’re not stressed about finances, life seems to get a little easier. Unfortunately every American family is on a budget - and many of us live paycheck to paycheck. Wouldn’t it be nice to change that? To be able to set personal goals, like a new car, bigger house, nicer clothes for the kids, and better food for the family? Of course it would be. A career can help us achieve that.
- Be an Example. Set the tone for success for your children, your spouse, your extended family, and your friends. When we surround ourselves with successful people - it’s proven that we strive to do more, be better, and get more. Who wouldn’t admire someone who’s furthering their education, planning for the future, and striving to attain their goals?
- Do it for You. Sometimes we put ourselves on the back burner for a while in favor of our spouse, children, parents, or even work. Now is the time to take back what you deserve and do something for yourself - to better yourself. The great part is that it will also impact everyone around you in a positive way. What more could we ask for?
If you’re inspired to get out there and take advantage of your military spouse education benefits, join us online at Meditec and request a free career guide. An experienced, super friendly advisor will contact you ASAP to talk about your goals. Do it for your family. Do it for you!