Military Spouse Tuition Assistance: MyCAA Grants for Military Spouses
As a spouse to a service member of the military, you are entitled to numerous benefits that can help you continue your career and education goals. The Department of Defense created a military education program called MyCAA (Military Spouse Career Advancement Account) to help you get the training you need to have a portable career.
The spouse tuition assistance in the MyCAA program is worth $4,000. This grant for military spouses can be used to enroll in different career training programs that can lead to jobs that are in demand and have high career growth.
If you are looking for military wife or husband benefits that can help you get started with your career, take advantage of the MyCAA program. MyCAA is specifically designed to help military spouses get the necessary education to get into a career that fits the military lifestyle – a portable career that is flexible and can be taken with you whenever you change your address.
Who are eligible?
- Spouse of a service member on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2 and O-1 to O-2 who can start and complete their coursework while the military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders
- Spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserve components in the same pay grades as above
Note: MyCAA does NOT include Coast Guard spouses
What does MyCAA offer?
- This program helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, certifications or Associate’s Degree that leads to in-demand and portable careers.(Exemption: This program does NOT cover Associate’s Degrees in General Studies, Liberal Arts and Interdisciplinary Studies that do not have a concentration.)
- MyCAA grants military spouses a maximum benefit of $4,000 for tuition assistance.
- The program also offers Employment Readiness Counseling to help military spouses be aware and get access to various support and resources about career choices, local financial support, child care, etc.
- Military spouses can also get access Employment Assistance and Career Services once they signed up for the MyCAA program.
Getting Started with MyCAA
Want to sign up for MyCAA? If you are married to an army, navy, marine or air force service member, and you’re looking to start a portable career via the MyCAA program, visit this portal ( https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa ) to get started on your registration.
You can also quickly fill up the form provided below and our MyCAA specialist can answer all your MyCAA related questions and will be glad to help you walk through the process.
You may also contact us at 866-991-3921 so we can help you create your education plan.