Why Medical Billing?
Medical Billing program is designed to prepare individuals for entry-level employment in areas such as claims examiner, medical coder and related occupations in the medical industry. According to PayScale.com, the median wage for a Medical Biller is $31,036 a year in 2013. Medical Billers are employed by
- Private health care practices
- Government agencies
- Insurance companies
- Health care facilities
Employment of medical records, medical billing and health information technicians is expected to increase by 21 percent from 2010 to 2020, faster than the average for all occupations. The demand for health services is expected to increase as the population ages. An aging population will need more medical tests, treatments, and procedures. This will also mean more claims for reimbursement from private and public insurance. Additional records, coupled with the widespread use of electronic health records by all types of healthcare providers, should lead to an increased need for technicians to organize and manage the associated information in all areas of the healthcare industry.
Become a Medical Biller Online
With Meditec’s Medical Billing program, you will develop the skills necessary to succeed as Medical Billers. We consult with industry experts to ensure you learn everything needed to excel in your chosen path. Our online courses will teach you:
- The fundamentals of medical billing
- The evolution of medical reimbursement
- Reimbursement methodologies
- Legal and regulatory issues
- National diagnosis systems
- Procedure coding systems.
The program takes about 3 months to complete, assuming you study approximately 15 hours a week. Once you pass all your courses, you will receive a certificate of completion and be ready to begin your career as a Medical Biller.
Set Yourself Apart
With the competitive job market, you want to have an edge over the competition. Through Meditec’s partnership with National Healthcareer Association (NHA), you can prepare for nationally recognized certifications. Passing a NHA exam, gives you several possible advantages:
- More career opportunities
- Increased pay rate
- Being a subject matter expert
- Post-nominal letters (initials after your name)
With Meditec’s custom programs, you can prepare online for certain exams. Our Medical Billing program can help you prepare for :
- Certified Billing & Coding Specialist (CBCS)
Check to see where the closest testing center is located (select National Healthcareer Association (NHA) from the Sponsor Name list).Healthcareer Association (NHA) from the Sponsor Name list).
Medical Billing Course (140 hours)
- Lesson 1: Health Insurance Specialist Career
- Lesson 2: Managed Care
- Lesson 3: Processing an Insurance Claim
- Lesson 4: Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Lesson 5: Medical Coding Systems
- Lesson 6: CMS Reimbursement Methodologies
- Lesson 7: Coding for Medical Necessity
- Lesson 8: Essential CMS-1500 Claim Instructions
- Lesson 9: Commercial Insurance
- Lesson 10: Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans
- Lesson 11: Medicare
- Lesson 12: Medicaid
- Lesson 13: Tricare
- Lesson 14: Workers’ Compensation