Why Legal Secretary?
This Online Legal Secretary Program provides the most effective way to start the process of becoming a Legal Secretary. This state-of-the-art home training program consists of 2 sections. The first section contains the “all about the law” information, and the second focuses on law specialties, complete with samples of pleadings, formats, and citations. It is designed to teach the functions and processes of institutions in the U.S. legal system, roles and issues in the field, and selected specialties of law. It discusses employment opportunities and provides dozens of websites for research purposes to enhance your educational skills on-line and build your own personal Cybrary. It covers issues relevant to the profession, an overview of American Law, court systems, litigation. The course contains information on how to do interviews (interrogations), legal writing, and research, use citations and prepare the documents required. Since the Internet has become a major resource to the profession, hundreds of sites are provided for references and research projects both in the course and for future use in the profession. It reviews English grammar and provides all the typing rules, complete with the captions for different types of courts and actions.
As law firms get pressed by their clients to cut back on their billing, there will be more demand for Legal Secretary’s as a less costly way to get basic work done instead of having expensive attorneys billing clients. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics rates Legal Secretary as a field with “much faster than average” job growth over the next 8-10 years.
Why Choose Meditec?
The Meditec Legal Secretary Program is online, interactive, and fun! The program meets the clock hour requirements from NALA (National Association of Legal Assistants) for the CLA (Certified Legal Assistant) examination. Our program is comprehensive in nature, but we also fast-track you through the training so you can start working as quickly as possible. Most students can complete training in as little as 6 months! Whereas it is true that “degreed” Legal Secretary’s may start out earning more money, vocational training graduates start working faster and with experience income rises.
Meditec is state regulated, has been in business over 40 years, and has an impressive BBB rating. What does this mean to you the student? It means that you are attending a school that is regulated, has stood the test of time, has name recognition within the industry, and has the stability, and proven track record to train you for a new career.
Students can benefit from significant discounts for payment in full upon enrollment. For those who need more help we have ZERO INTEREST payment plan options for up to 12 months with no credit checks! We also accept federal and state grant funding in certain states. Scroll down this page for more information.
This Program provides the most effective way to start the process of becoming a Legal Secretary. It includes the full range of courses needed to pass the CLA certification exam and has the required minimum 900 hour duration. Please check your state requirements as some states require a Bachelor’s degree or may have additional guidelines.
As law firms get pressed by their clients to cut back on their billing, there will be more demand for Legal Secretary’s as a less costly way to get basic work done instead of having expensive attorneys billing clients. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, Legal Secretary Openings will grow much faster than average and job opportunities are expected to be very good in the coming years.
Your enrollment includes EVERYTHING you need:
- Complete, interactive, and fun online training with full access for a year!.
- Quizzes are electronically graded, which means FAST feedback. No waiting for grades like some other schools.
- Instructor available for questions, even on the weekends!.
- Access to our interactive student forum for networking and chatting with fellow students.
- Tons of interesting links for resource and reference – You are sure to use these on the job!.
- Virtual Classes: Weekly ‘office hours’ with our instructors – available via our online classroom to respond to your content and career questions in real time. The office hours are interactive sessions encouraging topic-focused discussions and will help you tremendously in learning everything you need to know.
- Detailed lessons in each area of law.
Courses included (in required order):
- Legal Secretary – Basics: covers Office Operations, Law theory, Legal Billing, Writing, Research/Citations. Also covers training on conducting interviews and an extensive Internet resource directory.
- Legal Secretary – Citation Workbook: The student will learn how to identify documents and document parts; provide sufficient information for someone else to understand (and locate) the document you are referencing; and furnish additional information to help readers determine if the reference is worth pursuing.
- Legal Secretary – Specialties: The law specialties covered in detail include Bankruptcy Law, Business Law, Law of Contracts, Family Law, Torts and Tortfeasors, Litigation, Criminal Law and Real Estate Law.
- Legal Secretary – Using Computers in the Law Office: Covers electronic discovery, Internet legal/factual research, legal timekeeping and billing, litigation support software, and case management and docket control software. Mobile computing, document management, security, ethics, the electronic courthouse and many other trends in legal computing are thoroughly discussed.
- Professional Image: Short, interactive flash-based course on maintaining professional image within a law office environment.
- Ethics for Legal Staff: Short, interactive, flash-based course covering ethical requirements of the Legal Secretary profession.
- E-mail netiquette: Use of e-mail in a legal office environment poses unique challenges. This short course provides an overview of important do’s and don’ts when using e-mail in your professional life.
- Using Computers in the Law Office, Brent D. Roper (Delmar Cengage Books)
Most students complete this program in 6-9 months. There are final exams on each course, the passing score on which is 80%. Students are allowed up to 3 attempts to pass each exam (with different questions each time).
PLUS: Pay in full upon enrollment and get our Bonus package ($300 value)
- Workplace Success – your comprehensive guide to succeeding in the workplace. Invaluable to those who are new to the job market or have been out of the market for many years.
FOR FINANCIAL AID AND PAYMENT PLAN OPTIONS
Call our toll-free number 877.335.4072 or send us an email using our contact form, (we do not share your information) and one of our enrollment coordinators will be happy to help you explore funding options or customize a payment program that will fit your budget. Click here for additional information.